My client is an established Chartered Accountancy firm based in Bucks providing high quality financial services to a broad range of clients. From charities to solicitors, media to estate agents.
They are looking to hire a professionally qualified Audit & Accounts Senior to join their growing, innovate and friendly team.
This role will be most suited to someone who thrives under challenge, is delivery focused, enjoys accountability, has a ‘can-do’ attitude and is looking to improve his/her skills and competencies through self-development.
You will have significant experience in statutory audit, bookkeeping and statutory accounts preparation and will have worked extensively in Practice
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead company audit assignments, which will include planning, fieldwork and completion using standard programmes.
- Preparation and completion of company accounts in accordance with firm’s policies and procedures.
- Carry out specialist audits (eg; SAR, ATOL, pensions and charities).
- Carry out ad-hoc assignments (eg; due diligence and systems reviews).
- Preparation of corporation tax computations.
- Carry out work efficiently, to budget and within deadlines.
- Supervise, train and mentor more junior members of staff.
- Research and analyse financial statements and audit related issues.
- Maintain client confidentiality and professional relationships.
- Proactively interact with client management to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Manage assignments and report to audit manager or partner on progress.
Ideal Requirements & Qualifications:
- ACA or ACCA qualified or finalist.
- Experience within a multi-partner practice with audit exposure.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within budgets and deadlines.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Ability to build a quick rapport in a friendly, confident and enthusiastic way.
- Strong organisational skill and attention to detail.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft office, Sage, Xero and other accounting software.
- Experience and knowledge of Iris would be an advantage.
- Ideally a driver with own car.
- Technically up to date with current legislation